I have been nominated by Controversial Cook to do a free style writing challenge.
So here are Rules I had to follow (copied from AdiC’s) :
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I was given 5 minutes to write an answer to this intriguing question asked by Controversial Cook: If women came from Venus and men from Mars why didn’t they stay where they were instead of coming to Earth to bother sweet creatures such as little butterflies and similar peaceful native earthly beasts?
So this is what I wrote in 5 minutes:
In answer to this question, I think it’s because humans are inquisitive beings, both men and women. We love to explore and discover new places. Anyway both planets, as far as scientists know, are inhabitable and cannot sustain human life. However, humans have lived for god knows how many years on planet Earth, and had evolved and adapted to new environments and conditions. That’s pretty amazing really.
Maybe the women from Venus and men from Mars saw the beauty of the Earth and were bored by the unsustainable environments they lived in somehow (I don’t know where this is going!)
Moving on, humans have adapted to the conditions on Earth, unfortunately at the expense of beautiful creatures, which has led to the extinction of thousands of species with many more to come in the near future.
I guess as a human race, we are taught to fend for ourselves, which animals do as well I suppose. But humans are greedy, and always look for more than they really need. We have fat cats who are just constantly looking for more ways to make money, and make themselves feel more than comfortable for the rest of their lives.
No. of words = 197 words
I now nominate the following five bloggers to write for 5 minutes (or 10 if they wish) about Fat Cats.
Happy reading and blogging,